1. What is Heart of Georgia Developmental Disabilities Ministries, Inc?
It is a non profit 501c3 organization established to fill a need in our community for developmentally disabled adults.
2. How did it get started?
Several ladies who have developmental disabled adult children approached Mrs. Hulda Cook and asked if she would be willing to head a group of volunteers to build these homes.
3. What is its organizational structure?
We have a Board of Directors consisting of 7 volunteers.
4. As a non-profit organization, is it tax-exempt?
5. Does the Federal or State Government provide any support?
No, we depend strictly on donations and gifts from individuals and we apply for grants as they are available.
6. What is the primary goal?
To raise funds to build 2 houses; 1 for women and 1 for men.
7. Where do you plan to build?
We are entering a long term lease agreement with Central Baptist Church to build on their property along the Hatcher Road side.
8. How many residents in each home?
There will be 6 residents in each home.
9. What support will be available to the residents?
The home is staffed by 3 full time staff and 6 part time staff to provide 24/7 care.
10. What can an organization or individual do to support this organization?
Sponsor a room such as providing furnishing and decorating; monetary donations for the building, maintenance and operating expenses. Volunteers are needed to help with the fundraising, work on committees, or help with construction.
11. Where can I get additional information?
Contact on of our Board Members listed on our website.
12. Fundraisers information?
Fundraisers will be ongoing as we continue to raise funds to build these homes. For further information about fundraisers, please go to our website or contact a Board Member.
13. How could I get updates or information on a regular basis?
We keep e-mail lists for just this purpose; a resource, contact, or interested group lists. If you would like to be added to one of these lists, please contact a Board Member.